The Logic of Gimbal

tronFinal-noGlare

What’s a Gimbal?
A gimbal is a mechanical device that keeps a supported object stable and level, while the environment around it shifts.  A classic historical example is a gimbal mount for an oil lamp on a ship at sea.  As the ship pitches and rolls, the oil lamp remains level and stable; without the gimbal, the oil would spill over.  The information technology landscape is constantly shifting; Gimbal Logic creates stable systems in a shifting environment.

Undifferentiated Heavy-Lifting
Successful companies acknowledge and internalize that 90% of what they do is also done by 90% of all other companies.  To be successful requires all players to focus on the 10% that makes you different and competitive.  As for the other 90%, that’s the undifferentiated heavy-lifting, and we help ensure that it consumes the least amount of your time and your mind.

Vendor Lock-In
Whether you’re choosing a technology product or a technology service provider, the pain (and cost) of parting ways with a poorly-performing solution is matched only by the pain (and cost) of sticking with it.  We’ve been in your shoes, so we go the extra mile to reduce your risk.  Our solutions are entirely open-source, and the code is all in one place, at all times, under your control.  Our clients stick with us because they want to, not because they have to.

Declarative Danger
The barriers of entry to new technologies are continually being lowered.  In general, that’s a great thing, and it will reduce your cost and increase the speed at which your business can evolve.  But lower barriers also present the risk of poor implementations.  Declarative programming means building and configuring by pointing and clicking; that is, building a system without writing any code at all.  We make use of declarative programming quite a bit, but we also write a lot of code.  Our advice:  be encouraging but wary of the user that is excited about how far they can take things with a no-code solution.  There’s room in the toolbox for vise-grips, but it’s a bad sign if that’s all that’s there.